* Library Job Opening: AWPL has an opening for a part-time Page. The position involves checking in and shelving library materials. Applicants must be at least 16 years old as of June 2015. Hours: Saturdays, 1pm-5pm; Sundays, 1pm-4pm; one weekday per week, 5pm-8pm. Obtain an application at the Circulation Desk. Please call Kathleen Koopman with questions (986-1047, ext. 2, during normal business hours.)
* Author Event - American Sniper: Jim DeFelice will share his experiences co-authoring the best-seller American Sniper with Chris Kyle and Scott McEwen. The tragic death of Chris Kyle and subsequent production of the Academy Award-nominated film are all part of this story. A Q&A period will follow, along with an author signing of the book; copies will be available for purchase.
* Conversations with Agnes: AWPL was honored to welcome artist and author Agnes Adler to speak on April 19. Agnes reflected on how her experiences as a survivor of Nazi-occupied Hungary have influenced her creative life. See a few photos here.
* Computer Class Survey: we would like to hear your feedback on computer classes offered at AWPL. Please take a few moments to answer a 3-question survey here. Thank you!
* College Scholarship Essay Competition: the Albert Wisner Public Library Foundation is pleased to announce its ninth annual college scholarship essay competition. High school seniors who reside within the Warwick Valley Central School District are encouraged to apply. Deadline is Saturday, May 2. Find details here.