* Conversations with Agnes: AWPL was honored to welcome artist and author Agnes Adler to speak on April 19. Agnes reflected on how her experiences as a survivor of Nazi-occupied Hungary have influenced her creative life. See a few photos here.
* Spring Has Sprung! The Friends of the Library will hold a gardening book sale and host a special speaker on Saturday, May 9th from 9am - 3pm. Come and benefit both your garden and the Library!
* Warwick Cafe Reading Program: AWPL has launched a new community program, the brainchild of Mayor Michael Newhard. In conjunction with the Library's current exhibit, "Reading and Writing with Anne Frank," copies of Anne's diary -- Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank -- have been placed in cafes around the Village. Cafe patrons are encouraged to take the books, then either return or share them. See photos here.
* Computer Class Survey: we would like to hear your feedback on computer classes offered at AWPL. Please take a few moments to answer a 3-question survey here. Thank you!
* College Scholarship Essay Competition: the Albert Wisner Public Library Foundation is pleased to announce its ninth annual college scholarship essay competition. High school seniors who reside within the Warwick Valley Central School District are encouraged to apply. Deadline is Saturday, May 2. Find details here.