About the Warwick Valley History Website
"Warwick Valley History" has been created by community volunteers and is hosted and supported by the Albert Wisner Public Library. It is intended to serve information needs about the local area, primarily for the residents of the Warwick Valley School District area which the Library serves, and others who may be researching the Valley.
This information will be expanded on and upgraded regularly in our goal of providing more comprehensive coverage
in an easily accessed form; however, since the amount of information is vast and our time is volunteered, please be patient
with our limitations! Exclusion of certain areas and topics is most likely not an editorial decision, but merely because
"we haven't gotten there yet."
Criteria for inclusion in this page include:
Community volunteers who have a particular area of knowledge or expertise are encouraged to contribute to these
pages. E-mail us, phone, or stop by and let us know what you would like to see included; submissions may be
handwritten, typewritten, or a word processing document (please provide hardcopy as well in case we have trouble
with different word processing formats). Give us your name and phone number, and provide written answers to
- Is the information about the Warwick Valley or the wider geographic area of the Town of Warwick and Orange
- Is it requested frequently by residents of the Warwick Valley School District, or of archival value?
- Is it difficult to access through other means?
- Is the information non-commercial in nature? (We do not intend to promote commercial ventures)
- Is it of continuing interest to our residents?
- Is it to the best of our knowledge accurate?
- Does it transfer well into digital format?
- Will providing Internet access to it help preserve fragile historical records from over-handling?
- Will providing it enhance knowlege and appreciation the Valley and contribute to the quality
of life for its residents?
- Is it impartial? (Does it avoid promoting a particular political or philosophical agenda?)
- Do you wish your name to be credited with the information? (your name and town of residence will be on view
throughout the world)
- To the best of your knowledge, is the information copyrighted by anyone? (we cannot include copyrighted information without permission)
- Do you give permission for the information to be published on the Internet? (more or less giving up copyrighting
We appreciate the help of other interested citizens! Contact us if you would like to help organize, preserve, or index
the library's local history records.