- The Chester Historical Society
- The Delaware and Hudson Canal
- Drums Along the Mohawk: The American Revolution on the New York Frontier by Gregory F. Ketcham includes primary documents.
- Eager's History of Orange County 1846
- Immigrant Groups migrating to and settling in the Hudson Valley including Dutch, African Americans, Italians, Irish, Germans, Huguenots, Hispanics.
- Historical Society of Middletown and the Wallkill Precinct
- Middletown's Thrall Library has a local history links page and scanned images of Middletown history.
- Minisink Valley Historical Society has local and regional histories
- The 124th New York State Volunteers is a Civil War Reenactment organization which has loaded letters and other material on the local regiment, "The Orange Blossoms"
- Poorhouse Report of Orange County 1824.
- Pulaski's Independent Legion by Scott Blake is a Revolutionary era re-enactment group which has research on this unit which helped protect the area from British and Indian forces.
- A Small Community Goes to War documents the Civil War history of Middletown, NY
- The Vernon Stories of Jacobus Van Brug Great stories and facts about our neighbor Vernon, NJ by historian Ronald J. DuPont, Jr.
- Sullivan County Historical Society offers local and regional history.