Albert Wisner Public Library is pleased to offer passes to its patrons for free general admission to the following regional museums. To avoid disappointment, please note when the museums are closed.
Boscobel House and Gardens: this pass offers free admission for one adult and 3 guests of any age. Additional children ages 12 and under are also admitted for free. Note: Boscobel House is not handicapped-accessible. Closed January - March. Closed Tuesdays. Check museum website for seasonal hours.
Children's Museum of Manhattan: each pass entitles entrance to four people (2 adults/2 children or 1 adult/3 children; only one pass per patron allowed by the museum. Closed on Mondays.
Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum: each pass admits one adult and all children under age 18. The museum is open 7 days/week, but call the museum in advance regarding holidays.
Dia: Beacon: this pass offers free admission to the bearer plus 4 additional guests, as well as reciprocal privileges for free admission to certain other local modern/contemporary museums: El Museo del Barrio (NYC), New Museum (NYC), Neuberger Museum of Art (Purchase, NY), Storm King Art Center (New Windsor, NY). Please call these museums in advance to reconfirm reciprocal benefits. Dia: Beacon is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays all year, and on Thursdays from January through March.
Franklin Delano Roosevelt Presidential Library and Museum (at Hyde Park): each pass offers free admission for a family. Guests must present AWPL library card along with pass. Pass is not valid for the FDR Mansion, which is managed separately by the National Park Service.
Frick Collection: each pass admits one adult for free. Note: children under 10 years old are not admitted to the Frick. Closed on Mondays.
Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum Complex: this pass is good for up to 6 people, entering once per day. Please bring your AWPL card with you as additional ID. Pass covers Intrepid and Growler submarine; other features may have separate fees not included with pass. The Intrepid's pass also offers free admission to the following museums; call before you go, to reconfirm and check terms/conditions:
- Brooklyn Children's Museum - Brooklyn, NY
- Long Island Science Center - Riverhead, NY
- New York Hall of Science - Queens, NY
- New York Transit Museum - Brooklyn Heights, NY
- Bruce Museum - Greenwich, CT
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History - New Haven, CT
- Academy of Natural Sciences - Philadelphia, PA
Mid-Hudson Children's Museum: this pass offers free admission for 2 parents/grandparents and all children under age 18 from one household. Closed on Mondays.
Mohonk Preserve: each pass provides one adult admission. Children age 12 and under are admitted for free and must be accompanied by an adult. Upon checking out a pass, patrons must sign Mohonk Preserve's Express Assumption of Risk Agreement. Hard copies of the Agreement are at the Help Desk along with the passes. The pass does not provide admission to Mohonk Mountain House.
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA): 2 passes available. Each provides entrance for the cardholder and up to four guests. The museum is open daily except on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Museum at Bethel Woods: this pass offers free admission for 4 people, once a day. The pass does not provide admission to concerts held at Bethel Woods. Open April - December; check museum website for seasonal hours.
New-York Historical Society Museum and Library: this pass entitles entrance for 2 adults living at the same residence and all children under age 18. Closed on Mondays.
New York Transit Museum: this pass offers free admission to 2 adults and up to 4 children. Closed on Mondays and major holidays.
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum: this pass entitles entrance for 4 adults. Children under age 12 enter for free. Closed on Thursdays.
Storm King Art Center: this pass offers free admission for one or two adults and all accompanying children under age 18 who live in the same household. Storm King is an outdoor venue, open April - November. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays, but open on Columbus Day; check museum website for details.
Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park at Greenwood Lake: day passes are available for admission to the public beach and park. For 2018, the park is open on weekends only from May 26 - June 24; 7 days/week from June 24 - September 3. Passes are valid through Labor Day only. One pass per person; the Library has 2 adult passes and 4 child passes.
The Library's policies regarding use of museum passes are:
- Passes are for check-out by Albert Wisner Public Library cardholders only. Please pick up passes at the Help Desk.
- Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis; they cannot be placed on hold. To check availability and plan for pick-up, please call the Help Desk at 986-1047, ext. 3.
- Passes are loaned for three (3) days and are not renewable.
- A maximum of three (3) passes may be checked out on a given library card at a time.
- Passes must be returned zipped into the special pouch provided. The pouch may be placed in the outside book drop or indoor book return slot.
- The overdue fine for passes is $10/day. Please make sure to verify the due date when checking out a pass.
- Patron may be responsible for the cost of replacing a lost pass.