Albert Wisner Public Library is pleased to offer passes to its local patrons for free general admission to the following regional museums and parks. Please note when the museums are closed.
Please call the Help Desk at 986-1047, ext. 3 to inquire about availability.
Boscobel House and Gardens: this pass offers free admission for one adult and 3 guests of any age. Additional children ages 12 and under are also admitted for free. Note: Boscobel House is not handicapped-accessible. Closed January through March. Closed Tuesdays; pass not valid during special events. Check website for seasonal hours.
Children's Museum of Manhattan: each pass entitles entrance to four people. One pass only per family. Additional guests pay admission. Closed on Mondays.
Frick Collection: each pass admits one adult for free. Note: children under 10 years old are not admitted to the Frick. Closed on Mondays.
Hudson River Museum: each pass admits two adults and their children age 18 and younger. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum Complex: this pass grants free admission for up to 6 people to the museum and submarine only. Must present AWPL library card along with museum pass. Guests under age 16 not admitted without an adult.
Mid-Hudson Children's Museum: this pass offers free admission for 2 adults and all children under age 18 from one household. Must present AWPL library card and photo ID along with museum pass. Closed on Mondays.
Mohonk Preserve: each pass provides one adult admission. Children age 12 and under are admitted for free and must be accompanied by an adult. Upon checking out a pass, patrons must sign Mohonk Preserve's Express Assumption of Risk Agreement, available at the Help Desk. The pass does not provide admission to Mohonk Mountain House, a separate entity from Mohonk Preserve. Mohonk Mountain House charges fees for parking and use of trails on its land, including access to Lemon Squeeze and the Skytop Tower hikes.
Museum of Modern Art (MoMA): 2 passes available. Each provides entrance for the cardholder and up to four guests. The museum is open daily except on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Museum at Bethel Woods: this pass offers free admission for 4 people, once a day. The pass does NOT provide admission to concerts held at Bethel Woods. Open April - December; check website for seasonal hours.
New-York Historical Society Museum and Library: this pass entitles entrance for 2 adults living at the same residence and all children under age 18. Closed on Mondays.
Paley Center for Media: each pass admits 2 adults and 2 children under age 12. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum: this pass entitles entrance for 4 adults. Children under age 12 enter for free. Closed on Thursdays.
Storm King Art Center: this pass offers free admission for one or two adults and all accompanying children under age 18 who live in the same household. Storm King is an outdoor venue, open April - November. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays, but open on Columbus Day; check website for details.
Thomas P. Morahan Waterfront Park at Greenwood Lake: day passes are available for admission to the public beach and park. Open weekends only from Memorial Day weekend through June; open daily beginning June 27, 2016 through Labor Day 2016. Life guards on duty 11:00am-7:00pm. Passes are valid through Labor Day only. One pass per person.
The Library's policies regarding use of the passes are:
- Passes are for check-out by Albert Wisner Public Library cardholders only. Please pick up passes at the Help Desk.
- Passes are available on a first-come, first-served basis; they cannot be placed on hold. To check availability and plan for pick-up, please call the Help Desk at 986-1047, ext. 3.
- Passes are loaned for three (3) days and are not renewable.
- A maximum of three (3) passes may be checked out on a given library card at a time.
- Passes must be returned to the Help Desk by Library closing time on the date due. They are not be returned to another RCLS library, nor placed in the outside book drop nor in a book return slot.
- The overdue fine for passes is $10/day. Please make sure to verify the due date when checking out a pass. Fines will not accrue on days when the Library is closed for bad weather, holidays or other special circumstances.
- Patron may be responsible for the cost of replacing a lost pass.