The Library is delighted to welcome groups created around a particular interest or hobby. These groups are ongoing, non-instructional, free and open to the public without registration. Following are the groups which meet regularly at the Library; new members are welcome to join at any time:
a) Mah-Jongg: meets Tuesday mornings on the lower level.
b) Stitchers & Knitters: two groups - one on Thursday mornings, the other on Thursday evenings - both in the Board Room.
c) Library Prose Writer's Group: meets on Wednesday afternoons in the Board Room; focuses primarily on fiction and memoir.
d) Adult/Teen Chess: meets on Wednesday evenings in the Board Room.
e) Book Discussion Groups:
- Science Book Group: meets the 3rd Monday of the month
- Non-Fiction Book Group: meets the 1st Tuesday of the month
- Sustainable World Book Group: meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Tuesday Evening Book Group: meets the 1st Tuesday of the month
- Thursday Morning Book Group: meets the last Thursday of the month
- Eclectic Book Group (reads a variety of genres): meeting dates set @ each meeting
- Mystery Book Group: meets the 4th Friday of the month
Some activities, like the stitching groups, can accomodate any number of people. Others, such as mahjongg, require a specific number of participants. If you are interested in joining a group, please inquire first at the Help Desk (986-1047, ext. 3.) We will try to connect you with a group suitable for you. Likewise, we will be happy to assist you in organizing a completely new activity group, if it can be accommodated at the Library; for this, please call Kathleen Georgalas at the Library at (845) 986-1047, ext. 5 to discuss.