Fine-Free Materials: effective November 1, 2019, most overdue AWPL library materials are fine-free. Pre-overdue and overdue notices will still be sent to patrons, but fines on most late materials will not accrue. Once an item is 50 days overdue, it will be considered lost and the replacement cost of the item billed to the patron's account.
Exceptions to the fine-free policy are listed below. On the following items, overdue fines will still apply:
- New and Express Adult Books: $0.20 fine/day, up to a maximum of $5.00
- New Adult Books on CD: $0.20 fine/day, up to a maximum of $5.00
- New and Express Adult DVDs: $0.20 fine/day, up to a maximum of $5.00
- Adult and Children's Video Games: $1.00 fine/day, up to a maximum of $10.00
- Kindles and Nintendo Switch Consoles: $2.00/day, up to a maximum of $10.00
- Museum Passes: $10.00/day; no maximum limit
- Children's Literacy Totes: $1.00/day, up to a maximum of $10.00
- Some item(s) belonging to another RCLS library that charges fines on its overdue items
Fines are waived if the Library delays opening or a closes because of inclement weather, and do not accrue on holidays when the Library is closed. Patrons may use a credit card or PayPal to pay fees of $5.00 or more, directly through their Library accounts. Please ask at the Circulation Desk for guidance if needed.
Other Library Fees
Photocopies and Printing from public computers:
Black and White: $0.15 per page
Color: $0.25 per page
Outgoing FAX transmissions:
$1.00 per page up, up to a maximum of $10.00.
Non-Resident Library Cards, for those who live outside the Ramapo Catskill Library System: $150.00/year per family. (Residents of the Town of Minisink are not eligible for this card.)