Following is general election information specific to New York (Orange County). The most current information will be posted on the Orange County Board of Elections website, or call (845) 360-6500 Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
1. Voter Registration
In order to vote in the November 3, 2020 general election, the last day to register to vote was Friday, October 9, 2020.
2. Where Do I Vote? Use this NYS Polling Site Locator. AWPL is the polling place for Warwick voting districts #5 and #21. Polls will be open on November 3 from 6:00am-9:00pm.
3. Absentee Voting/Voting by Mail
Absentee voting and voting by mail are the same thing. The deadline to postmark an absentee ballot application is Tuesday, October 27, 2020. Absentee ballot applications may also be obtained and filled out in person at the Orange County Board of Elections through 5pm on Monday, November 2, 2020: 75 Webster Avenue, Goshen. Check Orange County Board of Elections website for hours for absentee ballotting.
Qualifications: a person is qualified to vote by absentee ballot because of any of these reasons:
- Absent from Orange County on Election Day
- Unable to appear at polls because of temporary or permanent illness or disability, including COVID-19, or because of the risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease, including COVID-19
- Primary caregiver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled
- Resident or patient of a Veterans' Health Administration hospital
- Detained in jail awaiting Grand Jury action or confined in prison after conviction for an offense other than felony
To apply for an absentee ballot, you may:
- Call Orange County Board of Elections: (845) 360-6500 or 1-800-879-POLL with questions or to request an application be mailed to you
- Email Orange County Board of Elections: firstname.lastname@example.org to request that an application be mailed to you
- Download the Absentee Ballot Application, print and fill out the application; fax or mail it to the Board of Elections (postmarked by Tuesday, October 27, 2020) or deliver it in person by 5pm on Monday, November 2, 2020 to: 75 Webster Avenue, Goshen, NY, 10924.
Absentee ballots must be postmarked by Tuesday, November 3, 2020 and received at the Board of Elections by Tuesday, November 10, 2020. Alternately, the last day to deliver an absentee ballot in person at the Board of Elections is Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Orange County voters may also bring their absentee ballot to any Orange County polling place on November 3 and place it in the drop box at that location.